Thursday 24 April 2014

Wedding outfit

Hello all you lovely people!

So, this weekend I have a wedding on Anglesey - a friend from my previous job is getting married!

And tonight I've been trawling through my wardrobe trying to find something nice, ahem, decent, to wear. To be honest, I'm not a very dressy person - there's no better feeling than finding a cute dress that I can wear with tights and boots, but I'm just not a frilly dress and heels kind of girl.

However, I had three options. And buying anything new was not an option thanks to the failed survey and paying for our oh so lovely solicitors!

So, dress number one is a black and gold number from Peacocks. A dress I wore a lot of over the Christmas and New Year period as it's a little glitzy and I could wear some cool black tights and gold accessories with it.






But, it's also a tight dress. And as I've put on a bit of weight (oops!) since Christmas, it just doesn't feel quite as nice anymore.

Dress number two is a loose blue dress I bought in Tesco last year for a summer wedding.It was a lovely dress to wear during the heat wave we had and was bright for a change, instead of the usual blacks and greys.






And dress number three is my favourite, and might be the one for this weekend. I bought this dress years ago in Bay Trading (does it still exist?). I needed a fancy dress for a university ball and this seemed to fit the brief.






It makes you feel all girly and pretty and even though I'm not a frilly dress and heels girl really, this one sure does make you feel like a lady - especially when you're dancing and the layers swirl around you. Could this be the winner?

Right, one more trial run with tights and accessories before I have to pack. It's getting late and I need some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment