Wednesday 16 April 2014

Cross stitch

Well, you know how I mentioned that I enjoy crafts of all sorts and try a variety of different things? I have one craft that I've been doing for a few months - at first glance it doesn't seem like the coolest craft, but it's so relaxing, something you can do whilst watching television (I hate sitting still so this is ideal!) - and it's the super exciting craft of cross stitch. See, not cool is it?

But I really don't care - it's relaxing, something you can take with you anywhere (I do it on the bus to work, or during my lunch break) and it can last for a long time - as is clear from months of work on this...







The Other Half thinks I'm so boring doing this (I think he's just kidding really...well I hope anyway) but a few of my more craft-minded friends think it's pretty cool - and I agree.




 
 


I picked up a kit from Works for under £5 and it sat in a drawer for months. But now that I've started it and I can see progress, slow progress but progress all the same - I'm hooked! I have it on the table by the sofa and I always do a few lines of stitches every night whilst the Other Half watches mind-numbing television. Oh so satisfying. 

Do you fancy giving it a go? It might be the next knitting craze - come on Sarah Jessica Parker, you know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment