Friday 4 April 2014

Learning to embrace the rain

I used to hate the rain – it disrupted my day and ruined my plans. However, recently, I’ve learnt to embrace it. I’m the sort of person who does a million things at once, never stops thinking and worrying and is always on the go – so a spot of rain could easily send me into a frenzy – why did it have to rain today of all days?
But, the other day, I was walking home from work having had an ok day (you know, as “ok” as work gets!) and it started pouring it down – not just a few drops – but the heavens opened. And I smiled.
I’d forgotten my red polka dot brolly at work and there was nothing to do except walk on – and I loved it. I must have looked like a crazy lady smiling to myself, humming a song and enjoying the rain while everyone else was running to shop doorways and trying to catch the next bus – but to me it was magical. I realised, there are some things you can’t control. Sometimes you just can’t do anything. And so I smiled at my realisation – got on with it, and walked home happy.




The aforementioned forgotten red brolly - and who doesn't like a photo of Miss Monroe every once in a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment