Tuesday 15 April 2014

Blueberry Lemon Cakes

So, over the weekend I went for walks, chilled out and as I mentioned the other day, I did some baking.

I love baking and making all sorts of puds and desserts but I can be a bit boring. If I find a recipe I like, I'll make it over and over again until I get bored, and won't try anything new. However, I was feeling brave this weekend and decided to have a go at making Blueberry Lemon Cakes with Cheesecake Topping.







Now, this recipe comes under 'Cheesecake' on the Good Food website, however, there is no biscuit base and no cheese - go figure!? However, they're lush!

I'm not a huge fan of blueberries so I swapped these for raspberries - they worked well and melted into a sticky gooey mess in the cakes. Yum!







I used the only muffin tin I have, but as I found out, it wasn't quite deep enough and so, even though my cakes tasted lovely, they didn't look anything like the dainty little things in the Good Food picture. But who cares ay? The Other Half doesn't seem to mind anyway, they've been disappearing slowly this week.











I promise they taste better than they look! 

Right - a glass of milk (I don't drink tea - what - someone from Wales who doesn't like tea?) and a cake, or two, or possibly (quite likely!) three...

No comments:

Post a Comment