Monday 5 May 2014

Measuring spoons

A random post it might be, but I just love my measuring spoons.






My mum taught me to cook and bake and has passed on some great kitchen gadgets, but she never owned a set of measuring spoons.

As I've been baking a lot more over the last few years, and after a few failed recipes and not being able to figure out what I did wrong, I decided to buy some measuring spoons- and they've been priceless.

As you probably already know, baking is precise. You can't just throw in "roughly" 8oz of flour or "around" a tablespoon of baking powder, or it won't work.

I love these and use them when baking and cooking - the green curry recipe I got from Thailand is superb and definitely requires precision to get the flavours spot on.

My mum is sill to be converted.

So, do you use measuring spoons? Or do you have any favourite kitchen gadgets you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment