Friday 16 May 2014

Barbecue season has arrived!

It's Fridaaay - and a sunny one as well!




And guess what I'm up to tonight? Yep - first BBQ of the year - and I can't wait!

The Other Half isn't really a barbecue person, and sees it as a lot of effort for what you get. I can see his point, but I'm guessing if I get the food started tonight before he even gets home and all he has to do is eat, he won't say no.

So, as probably everyone in Britain is in BBQ mode this weekend, I went out and bought a few things last night, just in case.

Here's what I'm thinking:
  • Burgers
  • Spicy chicken thighs
  • Wedges
  • Coleslaw
  • Potato salad
  • Salad an dressing
  • Corn on the cob
  • Beer/wine
I always find it a bit expensive when you're having a barbecue for two, but as most of our friends have weddings or other plans this weekend, it'll just be me and the Other Half.

I can't wait to finish work, get the food going, put some music on, light a few candles and enjoy the evening with a glass in hand.

I hope all you lovely people have some amazing plans to make the most of this beautiful weather we're having! And if you're having a barbecue - what do you normally have?


Picture from artyvisio - Johan Messley

No comments:

Post a Comment