Monday 19 May 2014

Dear Diary...

Hello everyone - I hope you all had a wonderfully sunny weekend!
 
I have a couple of photos for you of our BBQ on Friday night - yum - it was good!
 
I also did plenty of cycling, drinking wine and reading - you can't really go wrong can you?
 
So, today I thought I'd talk about my diary. I keep a diary and have done so for the last 15 years. 15 years of my life jotted down in scribbles, rants and random musings.
 
And just in case I haven't mentioned it, I'm 26, well 27 this year, and so there are a lot of random musings.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My mum bought me my first diary. Not because she's ever written one, but because it had a picture of a bear on it. That year, every single one of my presents had something to do with bears - it was my thing that year. And so it began.
 
Every year after that my mum has bought me a diary - starting off with a few lines to jot down important things like what I had for lunch at school and who's treehouse is the best, in diaries with themes varying from Roald Dahl to Jaqueline Wilson. However, these days, even though my mum is still the one who buys me my diary, she seems to find beautiful classic ones every year. This simple pink one is my 2014 diary.
 
 


 

And, even though I'll never reveal what I write in my diaries to you lovely people (because you'd probably be bored to tears!), it would be interesting to see how many other people keep a diary? Or do you think it's lost on the younger generation?

Even though I find it a bit of a chore some days, or have nothing particularly interesting to write about, I'll never stop writing them now. I can't wait to be 80 years old, in my rocking chair, reading about what I did and what I worried about in my 20's. I really hope I'll laugh at how silly I'd been.

No comments:

Post a Comment