Wednesday 30 July 2014

Jamie's Italian

What could be better than a plateful of pasta and a glass of white wine on a gorgeous summer's evening? A plateful of pasta and a glass of white wine at Jamie's Italian in Cardiff - who now, finally, takes bookings - woo!

I've been a few times before, once for a midweek lunch when it was relatively quiet, and then twice more for my leaving do and the Other Half's surprise birthday - both times we had more than 8 people.

For months after Mr Oliver opened its restaurant doors in the 'Diff, there would be queues round the corner for a table as they didn't allow bookings for fewer than 8 people. But now, things have changed, and I'm delighted.

I've always been happy at Jami'es - tasty food, busy atmosphere and very attentive staff - I wasn't disappointed this time round either.

On this occasion there were 4 of us - my dad, his Other Half, me and my Other Half - a fun double date.

I went for squid, wild rabbit pasta and frozen yogurt - and I couldn't really fault any of them.

The squid: was plentiful, light and crispy - not a chewy mouthful in sight. And although the garlic mayo was goood and had a great kick to it, I could've done with more.

The wild rabbit pasta: was light and left me feeling satisfied but not bloated. The sauce was just right and the rabbit itself was very moist.






The frozen yogurt: was a great end to the meal - very fruity (the strawberries had been soaked in elderflower - yum!) and full of flavour - the poppy seed filo crisp was a great addition.

Amongst the other dishes on our table were the delicious prawns wrapped in angel hair pasta, the baked mushrooms that was enough for two people, a gigantic burger with all the trimmings, a good old Carbonara and a meaty Sausage Pappardelle.







Everyone left smiling.

And once again when it comes to food, I managed to take a couple of quick photos before scoffing the lot. Good thing I'm not a food blogger, ay?


No comments:

Post a Comment