Wednesday 23 July 2014

Cardiff International Food and Drink Festival

Last weekend, the Other Half, our friends who were visiting from New Zealand and I spent the day at the Cardiff International Food and Drink Festival - a 3 day event celebrating British food - from chocolate brownies (yum!) to Welsh beef burgers (yum!).
 
I spent my money on the aforementioned brownies, a variety of cheeses and way too much cider. A great day was had by all.
 

Th festival is held in the Roald Dahl Plass in Cardiff Bay and it was a scorcher of a day. And the best part? The event was free - that however does not mean it's a cheap day out - you (well, I) spent a looot of money on a variety of foods and drinks.
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
It's a really busy weekend (I'd highly recommend going on the Friday as it's a little quieter) with a great selection of food and drinks, the stallholders are very generous with their tasters and the music tops it all off...especially with a pint in hand in the sun.
 
 
 
 
I was planning on taking a few food related pictures as this was a Food Festival, but unfortunately I devoured all of my treats in seconds - sorry!
 
However, amongst the highlights (just in case you decide to go next year!) were the stuffed pittas at the Persian Food Stall (there was only one) that offered a decent sized pitta filled to the brim with a variety of falafaels (plain, olive or sundreid tomato), fresh salad and a good choice of sauces - I went for the tahini sauce.
 
I also opted for the oh so good  and gooey brownies - the creme brulee flavour was my favourite!
 
And as for a little nod to my North Walian roots, I also devoured several cheeses from the Snowdonia Cheese Company - the Black Bomber was particularly good.
 
Starving yet?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment