Thursday 30 October 2014

My craft room

I'm just so happy.

No, I didn't win the lottery. And no, the Other Half didn't propose...

Last week, I finally got round to creating my craft room. Well, my craft corner at least.

For years and years I've cluttered up our home with beautiful scraps of paper, pens an pencils, jars of jewels and buttons and finished (and half finished!) pieces of (what I call) art. And for years I've also seen a million different craft rooms on the web, full of gorgeous old furniture and clever kit to store materials.

Well, I was never really going to get that, but I was determined to have my own little craft sanctuary.

Last week, I trawled the shops to find a table or desk - it was way harder than I thought. Everything was either too small or too expensive. Until I went back to the good old favourite - Argos. Where I found this simple but perfectly sized table - for a bargain at £24.99

Nothing special, but now I have somewhere to sit comfortably (my decoupaged stool has made an appearance) instead of sprawled on the floor making a mess, or hogging the dining table.


                                        




I found an old notice board where I've pinned a few of my favourite clippings, I've filled a small white desk cupboard I received as a gift full of buttons and nic nacs, I dug out a candle and some ornaments from unpacked boxes and all my string art projects have been pulled out of storage and displayed in the corner.


































I absolutely love my little craft corner. It cost me £24.99 (as I already had everything else) but now I have somewhere comfortable to make a mess - without necessarily having to clear up before having dinner.







No comments:

Post a Comment