Wednesday 22 October 2014

Learning to knit, sort of

I've always wanted to be able to knit. I love the thought of sitting in front of a fire (we don't have a fireplace) knitting my self a long scarf with beautiful soft wool.
 
Hmm, I'm not quite there yet.
 
But I've started knitting, which is a good start.
 
I started knitting a few months ago when the Other Half's mum showed me how. But, once she left and I was left to do it myself, I'd end up with big gaping holes and eventually (not too long into my knitting...) I'd end up with a terrible mess of knots, and give up.
 
However, this time has been better.
 
I'm not a very patient person, and knitting (for beginners anyway!) requires a lot of it.
 
I had a go, and I kept going and going - without any horrible knots - I was so damn proud of myself.
 
My piece of knitting is in a horrible yellow wool so I'll probably never wear it or use it for anything, I have one big hole in the middle of it, and I'm adding stitches as I go - I've googled that this is a common problem for beginners, but haven't quite figured out what I'm meant to be doing.
 

 
 
 
Ah well, I'm enjoying myself too much to wory about gaping holes and extra stitches.
 
At least I'm having a go, ay?
 
P.S. A glass of wine whilst you're knitting doesn't harm either...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment