Tuesday 7 October 2014

Home renovation

This weekend, my dad and uncle came to stay for the weekend. My dad was running the Cardiff Half Marathon for charity and finished in an impressive 1:45:54 - Go Dad!

It was also the first time he'd seen our new little home - he loved it but also did hid 'dad' thing of finding work to be done - that doesn't really need doing.

And now these are my stairs:











Thanks Dad! ;-)

But actually, I love the way it looks, and how I hope it will look in the end. We'd been thinking of doing it but never really got round to it. But after a very enjoyable trip to B&Q to buy a triangle shavehook (I had to keep the label to know that!), a sand paper block and my very first power tool - a sander - I was ready to face the DIY world.

I'll keep you posted with some more pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment