Tuesday 23 September 2014

Our housewarming

And so we had our housewarming on Saturday night. And it was beautiful.

I thought I'd be stressed and that people wouldn't turn up and we might end up with a lot of food going to waste. Nope. everything went perfectly and I can't wait for the next party.

I've always been a bit of a hostess but never really had anyone to host. People always want to go out and drink. A lot. I enjoy a good few drinks and was suitably hungover on Sunday, but I prefer good food and good company to shots and beers.

I was hoping for a sophisticated party and that's exactly what I got. Everyone came over to the house, bottle in hand. The food (An assortment of crostinis - king prawn with chilli mayo, goat's cheese & chorizo and coronation chicken. Crudites. Dips. Crisps. Mini sausages (oh so sophisticated!). Wedges. Cakes. Sweets. And a champagne, strawberry, mint and lime cocktail that went down very well) all disappeared - not a crisp left in the bowl. The music was good (the Other Half thinks himself a DJ). Everyone loved the decorations and various lights I'd palced around the house. The Other Half was so helpul all day (thank you!!) and the new table arrived on Saturday morning - which provided the perfect social setting.

I had the best time and I'm now in full hostess mood. I really couldn't have asked for a better night.

And here are a few snaps from the evening if you're interested:


















No comments:

Post a Comment