Sunday 14 September 2014

Making time for crafts

In keeping with my own Happiness Project, I'm trying to make more time for the things that are important to me - the Other Half, family, friends, and my hobbies - crafts and baking in particular.

I've tried to do this for years, but work or other commitments always seem to get in the way - it's so difficult to get the right balance.

However, last Tuesday, the Other Half came home from work and told me that they were having a competition at work to raise money for charity. All the teams had to choose a film and dress up - the team that made the best effort, would win a free meal. And where exactly do I come into this? Well, the Other Half thought that Ghostbusters would be fun and easy - you know, cheap white boiler suits, a few Ghostbusters stickers and you're done. Nope.

He asked me to make a ghost catcher. Yep, the black box the Ghostbusting team use to catch the green ghost - which I found out this week is called Slimer.

At first I was annoyed that he thought this would be really easy to make and wouldn't take up much time. However, I thoroughly enjoyed it. And as it needed to be done by Friday just gone, I had a deadline I had to keep to. This meant that I happily spent most evenings last week rummaging through drawers and cupboards, spraypainting, gluing and getting frustrated - in a good way.

I'm not saying this is perfect, and if you look online there are some awesome creations out there, but I was pretty damn proud of myself, considering I only had a few nights and limited supplies. What do you think?








And fair play to the Other Half, if he hadn't asked me to do this, I would've spent every evening after work slumped in front of the TV instead of 'making' something - I had so much fun! So now, as our housewarming is next week, I'm determined to have a go at making a few decorations, in the hope that I'll get into more of a routine and do some more crafting. It's a start right?


No comments:

Post a Comment