Monday 25 January 2016

Dummies

While I was pregnant, I was convinced I would not be using dummies.

2 weeks after delivery, I was using dummies. Regularly.

The truth is, babies like to suck. It comforts them and makes them happy, it would almost be mean to stop them from doing it.



To be honest though, after a couple of weeks of sleepless nights, the Other Half and I were staring at our wonderful little girl wondering what the hell was wrong with her. She was fed, dry, warm. What else could we do to stop her from screaming the house down?

We tried the dummies we received in a hamper just after she was born. Thrown in the nearest drawer because we would never need them. Ha!

We tentatively put the dummy in her mouth. Silence. 

Blissful, amazing and wonderful silence.


We're still using them, and so glad we are. Sometimes, the Little One is perfectly okay, but just needs to be soothed.

I'm very aware that dummies have a had a bad rep, but they have kept me and the Other Half sane, and the Little One quiet. A very happy family indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment